Wednesday, February 25, 2009

They Were all Green

If you’ve ever attended the Ypsilanti MI Orphan car show, you have surely seen an array of Hudsons in colors from Black to blue. Unfortunately these are not the original colors. How do I know this? Well my father told me. According to him they were all green. My father grew up in Detroit during the early fifties, Five and Burt RD for those of you familiar. He remembers vaguely of a neighbor that had 4 to 5 Hudsons in his back yard, all step downs, all green. The man who lived there was a true Hudson guy and when the company merged with Nash in fifty four he began hoarding step downs. Every so often he would rotate out a tired one and scrounge parts off the un-drivable. This went on well into sixties, when dad lost track. To this day if my father sees a sparkling gray or soft yellow, he informs me “I don’t remember that color… they were all green”



Author/photographer: Glenn H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers