Monday, March 2, 2009

1939 Hudson 112 Coupe

An offer I couldn’t refuse. November 2007 my dad and I stood in his kitchen. He simply said “I build it, you learn, you pay for it”. He was referring to the 1939 Hudson 112 coupe wrapped in a tarp in his backyard. This offer, I could not refuse. The summer before I had purchased and sold a 1963 Lincoln Continental convertible. Before that I struggled with a 1964 Ramble Convertible and 1964 Dodge Polara. Shopping for a car that was a collector, yet I could get in and drive was not a reality for me. My dad and I both knew that I needed a car that I could hit the road running with minimal busted knuckles. This Hudson would be that car. The plan is to have a stock interior/exterior with mild rod components making it go and stop, the “get in and drive” classic that has evaded me for years. Details of the build and conversations around the decisions in the near future.


Author/photographer: Mike LaJoice

12 comments:

  1. Hi Am very interested in this, as I have a '39 Hudson 112 Pickup. Since you are doing a modified, please let me know if you have any left over parts-n-pieces (stuff that you are not using).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks for the comment! I will keep up to date with the stories. I need a grill! Ill let you know if I come across anything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin C.

    Hello Mike! Please keep us up to date with your story, as I'm doing something similar with my 1939 112 Coupe.

    Good luck with finding a grill! Just ask Trucker@Heart how hard it was to find one.

    You might consider joining the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club, if you aren't currently a member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be following this one. You may also want to join the Classic Car forum. They have a Hudson Forum and I find a lot of help there. Keep us posted and good luck. We are slowly making some progress on our 51 pacemaker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is it coming, any progress? Did you find a grille yet?

    Would love to see some more photos -

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are moving along with body work. The latest is the trunk lid. It was filled with lead.... I will have updated posts on here very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and adore learning far more on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a true car story this is just beautiful. This is a true work of art. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY wife and I also have a 1939 Hudson 112 pickup,...a project in waiting...sitting under the carport off our shed.......somday..........bellingham wa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great write up.Your some points are really helpful. Many things i never knew before Outstanding blog i like it so very much keep it up man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well explained. I would like to say that it is very interesting to read your blog. Wholesale Towels

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an interesting story at it gives in-depth information to the reader as well. Good thing you have it shared. Used Police Cars

    ReplyDelete

Followers